George M. Vinci, Jr.
Shareholder and Director
George M. Vinci, Jr. is Shareholder and Director of Spector Gadon Rosen Vinci P.C., a Member of the Executive Committee, and Chairman of the Insurance Coverage & Casualty Litigation and Professional Liability & Malpractice Litigation practice groups. Mr. Vinci focuses his practice on civil litigation with a strong emphasis on professional malpractice, hospitality, employment, and insurance disputes.
Mr. Vinci’s litigation experience involves cases throughout the United States. Recently he obtained one of the highest verdicts in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, one hundred million dollars ($100,000,000), in a fraud case against Grant Thornton. The case involved the sale of an abusive tax shelter. (William J. Yung et al v. Grant Thornton, LLP, et al., Kenton Cir. Ct., Fourth Division, Commw. Of Kentucky, Case No. 07-CI-04647.) He was involved in a groundbreaking election fraud case (Marks v. Stinson) in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, which was aired on Court TV.
Mr. Vinci has successfully handled a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters including tortious interference, civil RICO, FDCPA, Class Action Wage and Hour disputes and bankruptcy litigation. He also represents a large number of Long Term Care facilities in Florida.
Mr. Vinci is a member of the American Bar Association, the Professional Liability Underwriting Society and DRI. He served for six years as a panel member with the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Mr. Vinci has consistently been selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer. In 2019, he was recognized with the Professional Excellence Award from The Legal Intelligencer, the oldest law journal in the United States, in the category of Distinguished Leaders. Mr. Vinci was also a recipient of the Philadelphia Business Journal’s 2019 Best of the Bar Award. In 2021, he was one of only 30 attorneys nationwide to be named an Insurance Law Trailblazer by the National Law Journal.
Mr. Vinci is admitted to the bars of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Florida, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court of the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second, Third, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits.
- Temple University School of Law, J.D. 1988, cum laude
- St. Joseph’s University, B.A. 1985
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care Law and Litigation
- Insurance and Casualty Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Professional Liability and Malpractice Litigation
- Financial Institution Litigation
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Defense Research Institute, Professional Liability Sub-Committee
- Pennsylvania, 1988
- New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit