Randi Wolf focuses her practice in complex commercial litigation and the defense of professional liability, employment and casualty claims. Her experience on complex commercial cases ranges from contract disputes and business torts to shareholders disputes, non-compete covenants, collections and prosecution of judgments. In the liability defense area, she represents business in a broad variety of cases alleging products liability, toxic torts, personal injury, wrongful death and premises liability. She defends lawyers and law firms in malpractice claims involving a wide range of practice areas and regularly represents other professionals against liability claims. Ms. Wolf also represents employers defending against employee claims for wrongful termination, other discrimination and wage claims at the federal, state and administrative level. Ms. Wolf defends corporate boards, officers and directors against all liability claims, including claims for breach of fiduciary duty and negligence, actions for receiverships and accountings, as well as shareholder derivative claims.
With extensive experience in jury and nonjury trials as well as mediations, arbitrations and appellate practice in the state and federal courts.
Representative Matters Include:
- Successfully moving for directed verdict in jury trial in which she represented a large regional bank against plaintiff’s claims that the bank’s borrower engaged in fraud and bank’s mortgage on commercial paper was invalid
- Obtaining successful motion for summary judgment on behalf of attorney and law firm where plaintiff alleged that defendants’ malpractice as corporate counsel caused millions in losses to officer/director/principal shareholder in startup sports beverage manufacturing company
- Obtaining substantial settlement in favor of real estate developer who sued for breach of contract when ground lease tenant failed to timely build store at developer’s shopping center, ultimately destroying expected income flow and causing failure of overall development
- Successfully mediating multiple professional malpractice suits against real estate appraisers with excellent outcome where banks alleged that negligent appraisals over-valued properties and caused banks to be severely under-secured when loans ultimately failed
- Developing innovative and previously unexplored approach of commencing commercial foreclosure actions in federal courts on behalf of banks and other lenders attempting to work out loans, resulting in much quicker, more efficient and less expensive foreclosure process than traditionally found in state court proceedings
Reported Decisions Include:
- Hartford Fire Insurance Co. v. Huls America, 893 F.Supp.2d 465 (E.D. Pa. 1995)
- Hartford Fire Insurance Co. v. Huls America, 921 F. Supp.2d 278 (E.D. Pa. 1995)
- Sklodowsky v. Lushis, 417 N.J. Super. 648 (App. Div. 2011)
Ms. Wolf is an approved arbitrator of the Superior Court of New Jersey in Camden County. She is a member of the Bar Associations of New Jersey, New York, and Burlington County, a former member of the District III B Ethics Committee of the Supreme Court of New Jersey and former trustee of the Camden County Bar Foundation. For 10 years, she served as a speaker on behalf of the New Jersey Institute of Continued Legal Education, presenting a course titled “Civil Trial Preparation.”
Ms. Wolf graduated from Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, New Jersey with high honors and received her undergraduate degree from Ithaca College, magna cum laude.
She is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law – Camden
- Ithaca College, magna cum laude
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
- Financial Institution Litigation
- Insurance Coverage & Casualty Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Professional Liability & Malpractice Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- New Jersey, 1993
- New York 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- The CLM
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association