Jonathan J. Greystone
Jonathan J. Greystone, a Member of the firm, practices with the firm’s Commercial/Casualty Litigation Practice and Professional Liability and Malpractice Litigation Groups. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Greystone was a Partner in two major national law firms.
Mr. Greystone represents a diverse range of clients including commercial banks, brokerage firms, options traders, venture capital groups, debt buyers, publicly traded companies and private companies. His litigation practice includes consumer litigation, (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Telephone Consumer Protection Act), class actions, (over 50 putative class cases), contract breaches and interference, professional malpractice, construction litigation, insurance and casualty litigation, insurance coverage and reinsurance coverage matters.
Prior to civil practice, Mr. Greystone worked for the U.S. Department of Justice and served as an Assistant District Attorney for the City and County of Philadelphia, prosecuting a full range of felonies, and was designated as a Special Prosecutor for certain “publicity” cases. He is the author of “Illegal Acts of Clients: Turning a Blind Eye Versus Disclosure,” published in the Pennsylvania CPA Journal. Mr. Greystone has participated in numerous speaking engagements on international law and litigation topics.
Mr. Greystone is a member of the New York State and Philadelphia Bar Associations, the United States Department of Justice Alumni Association, the Philadelphia District Attorneys Alumni Association and the American Foreign Service Association. He graduated from the University of Manitoba with a B.A. and from the American University School of International Service with an M.A. He attended Antioch School of Law, Antioch University, and the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, graduating with a J.D.
Mr. Greystone is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New York. He is also admitted to the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, United States District Court for the Western District of New York, United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, US District Court for the Northern District of New York, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Greystone has been selected by the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas to serve as a Judge Pro Tempore. Mr. Greystone is also an appointed Member of the State of New York Special Committee on Judicial Discipline.
Mr. Greystone speaks Hebrew and French.
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law J.D.
- Antioch School of Law
- American University, School of International Service M.A.
- University of Manitoba (Canada) B.A.
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance and Casualty Litigation
- Cyber Security
- American Foreign Service Association
- American-Israeli Chamber of Commerce
- International Association of Gaming Attorneys
- United States Department of Justice Alumni Association
- Philadelphia District Attorneys Office Alumni Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Jewish Relief Association
- New York State SBA Special Committee on Judicial Discipline
- Pennsylvania 1987
- New York 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd District 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York 2010
- U.S. Disrtict Court Northern District of New York 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania 2009