Alan J. Mittelman
As Chairman of the Estate Planning and Administration Department and a Shareholder, Alan J. Mittelman practices in the firm’s Pennsylvania offices in Philadelphia and Jenkintown, at the Firm’s Florida office and in Villefranche-sur-mer, France. He is admitted to the State Bars in Pennsylvania and Florida.
Mr. Mittelman’s practice includes a variety of interrelated areas, including Estate Planning, Tax Law, Probate, Trusts, Charitable Organization, Family Partnerships and Closely-Held Businesses.
Mr. Mittelman was most recently selected as a 2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyer.
Mr. Mittelman is a frequent speaker and author on the subjects of life insurance, estate taxation, business planning and charitable gifts of art. He is a contributing author for Estate Planning in Pennsylvania, an estate planning treatise published by the PA Bar Institute.
Mr. Mittelman is a Fellow of the American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel. He also is a Past President of the Philadelphia Estate Planning Council and also of the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals (formerly the American Society of CLU & ChFC.
He has taught Trusts and Estates at Temple Law School as an adjunct professor.
- Temple University School of Law, J.D. 1986, Cum Laude
- New York University, M.B.A. 1971
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S. 1969
- Estates and Trusts
- Tax Law
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- Society of Financial Service Professionals, Greater Philadelphia Chapter, Past President
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel