Morgan Maxwell has over thirty years of experience as a tax attorney. He began practicing in Cleveland, Ohio with the firm of Arter & Hadden where he had a broadly diversified business tax practice was eventually made partner. He moved to the Philadelphia area in 1986 where he was a partner in the tax department of Drinker, Biddle & Reath, LLP. In September 2003, Mr. Maxwell started his own solo practice.
Beginning in 2016 Morgan Maxwell has also been acting as Of Counsel to Spector Gadon & Rosen, P.C. Mr. Maxwell has a tax-law oriented practice encompassing a wide range of transactions, planning and dispute resolution. His dispute resolution experience includes involvement at all levels of the Internal Revenue Service (Examinations, Appeals, Collections, Office of Professional Responsibility, the U.S. Tax Court), the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue, the Tax Litigation Section of the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office, Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, Common Pleas Court and local taxing jurisdictions in southeastern Pennsylvania.
Mr. Maxwell’s expertise in tax matters also includes:
- Guidance for Mergers, Acquisitions, Financing, and Business Structuring
- International Business
- Dual Citizenship and Expatriation
- Investment Funds and Financial Products
- Renewable Energy and Other Tax Credits
- Real Estate – Including Trusts and Mortgage Investment Conduits
- Tax Disputes and Litigation
- Issues Concerning Not-for-Profit and 501(c)(3) Organizations
Mr. Maxwell graduated with distinction from the University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce with a B.S. in Accounting and graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Washington & Lee University School of Law.
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.S.