Matthew R. Shindell
Matthew R. Shindell is a Member in the firm’s Commercial Litigation, Health Care Law & Litigation and Insurance Coverage & Casualty Litigation Groups. His practice primarily concentrates on the defense of medical malpractice claims against physicians, nurses, medical practice groups, hospitals, long-term care facilities and community clinics. Matthew also defends complex liability claims involving consumer products and industrial equipment. In addition, he routinely handles complex commercial litigation cases. He regularly writes articles for legal, consumer and trade publications on topics pertaining to his areas of practice.
Matthew has experience at the trial and appellate levels. For example, he recently earned a defense verdict in a legal malpractice case involving an underlying nursing home matter as well as a non-suit in a professional liability action against an attorney.
Matthew is AV Rated, which is the highest ranking a lawyer may receive from his peers. Moreover, he has been selected as a Super Lawyer, Rising Star from 2010 to 2016 and a Super Lawyer since 2017.
- ABOTA National Trial College, Harvard Law School, 2012
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of Maryland at College Park, B.S., 1998
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care Law & Litigation
- Insurance Coverage & Casualty Litigation
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- National Association of Manufacturers
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Fellow, ABOTA National Trial College
- Judge of Elections, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania – Whitemarsh Middle