Madison G. Melinek
Madison G. Melinek is a Member in the Firm’s Insurance and Casualty Litigation Practice Groups. Her practice includes commercial litigation, including insurance and casualty litigation, and matters involving the defense of amusement parks and product liability defense. Madison frequently provides corporate assistance to amusement venues, including preparation and review of leases, ride purchase contracts, concession agreements, and other contracts.
Prior to joining the Philadelphia office, Madison litigated insurance defense matters, providing counsel and representation to insurance clients on all aspects of the claims process, including complex coverage, and bad faith disputes. This included the preparation of coverage opinions, analysis of state-specific laws, and associated litigation.
Madison has clerked for the Honorable Judge Baratta, in Northampton County, which included assisting the Judge on drafting a number of rulings over a variety of cases, including complex commercial litigation, criminal law and family and divorce law. Madison presided over a number of intricate insurance disputes, graphic criminal cases, and was responsible for relaying attorney concerns and pre-trial matters to the Judge.
- The Ohio State University, B.A. in Political Science and History, 2015
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Defense Research Institute – Member
- Support Center for Child Advocacy – Temporary Board Member and Volunteer
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania, 2018
- New Jersey, 2020
- District of Columbia, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2019
- Insurance and Casualty Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Professional Liability And Malpractice Litigation